Bitcoin price extended its decline below the $55,500 support zone against the US Dollar. BTC is currently recovering, but it is likely to struggle near $55,500 and $56,450.
- Bitcoin failed to clear $58,000 and it started a fresh decline below $57,000.
- The price is now trading well below $56,450 and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
- There was a break below a key contracting triangle with support near $56,800 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair (data feed from Kraken).
- The pair is likely to continue lower if it fails to recover above $55,500 and $56,450.
Bitcoin Price Extends Losses
There was no clear upside break in bitcoin above the $58,000 resistance zone. As a result, BTC broke the $56,450 support zone to move into a bearish zone (as discussed in yesterday’s analysis).
The bears took control and the price even failed to stay above the $55,500 support level. There was a break below a key contracting triangle with support near $56,800 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair. There was also a spike below the $54,500 support and the price tested the $53,750 support.
A low is formed near $53,786, and the price is now trading well below $56,450 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. Bitcoin is currently recovering and trading above $54,500. It cleared the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the recent decline from the $58,400 high to $53,783 low.
The first major resistance is near the $55,500 level. The next major resistance is near the $56,000 level. It is close to the 50% Fib retracement level of the recent decline from the $58,400 high to $53,783 low.
The main resistance is now forming near the $56,450 level, above which the price might revisit the key $58,000 breakout resistance zone.
More Losses in BTC?
If bitcoin fails to correct higher above $55,500 and $56,000, there are chances of more downsides in the near term. An initial support is near the $54,000 level.
The key support is now near the $53,750 level, below which the bears might aim a test of the $50,000 support zone in the near term.
- Hourly MACD – The MACD is losing pace in the bearish zone.
- Hourly RSI (Relative Strength Index) – The RSI for BTC/USD is now below the 50 level.
- Major Support Levels – $54,000, followed by $53,750.
- Major Resistance Levels – $55,550, $56,000 and $56,450.
Source: News BTC