Ethereum failed to clear the $3,200 resistance and declined further against the US Dollar. ETH price is now at a risk of more downsides below $3,050 and $3,000.
- Ethereum settled below the $3,200 pivot level and extended its decline.
- The price is now trading well below $3,200 and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
- There is a key bearish trend line forming with resistance near $3,155 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD (data feed via Kraken).
- The pair could continue lower if it fails to stay above the $3,050 support zone.
Ethereum Price Slides Further
Ethereum failed to settle above the $3,200 pivot level. ETH price started a fresh decline and broke the $3,150 support zone, similar to bitcoin.
The price even broke the $3,120 support level and tested $3,060. It is now trading well below $3,200 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. Ether is now consolidating near the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the recent decline from the $3,249 swing high to $3,061 low.
On the upside, the first key resistance is near the $3,120 level. The main resistance is now forming near the $3,150 level. There is also a key bearish trend line forming with resistance near $3,155 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD.
The trend line is close to the 50% Fib retracement level of the recent decline from the $3,249 swing high to $3,061 low. A clear break above the $3,150 resistance might open the doors for a steady increase. The next key resistance is now forming near the $3,200 level. Any more gains may possibly call for a move towards the $3,300 level.
More Losses in ETH?
If ethereum fails to continue higher above the $3,120 and $3,150 resistance levels, it could extend its decline. An immediate support on the downside is near the $3,080 level.
The next major support is now forming near the $3,060 zone. A downside break below the $3,060 support zone could accelerate losses. The main support sits near the $3,000 level, below which the bulls could struggle in the coming days. The next key supports sits near the $2,880 and $2,850 levels.
- Hourly MACD – The MACD for ETH/USD is slowly gaining pace in the bearish zone.
- Hourly RSI – The RSI for ETH/USD is well below the 50 level.
- Major Support Level – $3,060
- Major Resistance Level – $3,150
Source: News BTC