Ethereum extended its decline below the $3,200 support against the US Dollar. ETH price is at a risk of more downsides below the $3,120 support zone.
- Ethereum extended its decline below the $3,250 and $3,200 support levels.
- The price is now trading below $3,250 and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
- There is a key bearish continuation pattern forming with support near $3,170 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD (data feed via Kraken).
- The pair could continue lower if it fails to stay above the $3,120 support zone.
Ethereum Price Corrects Lower
Ethereum failed to stay above the $3,300 support zone and extended its losses. ETH price broke the key $3,250 support zone to enter a bearish zone, similar to bitcoin.
The price even broke the $3,200 support level and the 100 hourly simple moving average. Ether traded as low as $3,150 and it is now consolidating losses. It recovered above the $3,170 and $3,180 levels. There was a break above the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the recent decline from the $3,380 swing high to $3,150 low.
It is now consolidating below $3,250 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. There is also a key bearish continuation pattern forming with support near $3,170 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD.
On the upside, an initial resistance is near the $3,200 and $3,220 levels. A clear break above the triangle resistance and $3,220 might call for a steady increase. The next key resistance is now forming near the $3,265 level. It is close to the 50% Fib retracement level of the recent decline from the $3,380 swing high to $3,150 low.
Any more gains may possibly call for a move towards the $3,300 level in the near term. An intermediate resistance may possibly be near the $3,292 level.
More Losses in ETH?
If ethereum fails to continue higher above the $3,200 and $3,220 resistance levels, it could extend its decline. An immediate support on the downside is near the $3,150 level.
The key support is now forming near the $3,120 zone. A downside break below the $3,120 support zone could push the price further lower. The next major support could be $3,000.
- Hourly MACD – The MACD for ETH/USD is slowly losing pace in the bearish zone.
- Hourly RSI – The RSI for ETH/USD is still below the 50 level.
- Major Support Level – $3,120
- Major Resistance Level – $3,265
Source: News BTC