Ethereum extended its rally and it traded to a new all-time high near $3,550 against the US Dollar. ETH price is correcting gains, but it is likely to remain well bid near $3,400.
- Ethereum extended its rally above $3,500 and it traded to a new all-time high near $3,550.
- The price is now trading well above $3,400 and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
- There is a major bullish trend line forming with support near $3,390 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD (data feed via Kraken).
- The pair is correcting lower, but the bulls are likely to remain active near $3,400.
Ethereum Price Gains Traction
Ethereum formed a new support base above the $3,250 and started a fresh increase. ETH outpaced bitcoin and it broke the $3,400 resistance to start a fresh rally.
It even climbed above the $3,500 level and traded to a new all-time high near $3,550. It is now trading well above $3,400 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. Recently, there was a downside correction from the $3,551 high and the price traded below $3,500.
Ether traded below the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the recent wave from the $3,289 swing low to $3,551 high. On the downside, the first major support is near the $3,420 level.
The 50% Fib retracement level of the recent wave from the $3,289 swing low to $3,551 high is also near the $3,420 level. The main support is now forming near the $3,400 level. There is also a major bullish trend line forming with support near $3,390 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD. Any more losses might call for a drop towards the $3,250 support zone in the near term.
More Upsides in ETH?
If Ethereum remains stable above the $3,400 zone, it could start a fresh increase. An immediate resistance on the upside is near the $3,500 level.
A successful close above the $3,500 level could lead ether price towards the $3,550 level. The next key resistance is near $3,620, above which the bulls might aim a test of the $3,750 level in the coming days.
- Hourly MACD – The MACD for ETH/USD is slowly losing momentum in the bullish zone.
- Hourly RSI – The RSI for ETH/USD is correcting lower and it is approaching the 50 level.
- Major Support Level – $3,400
- Major Resistance Level – $3,550
Source: News BTC