Bitcoin price remained well supported near the $56,000 support zone against the US Dollar. BTC is rising and it may soon break the key $60,000 resistance zone.
- Bitcoin found support above $56,000 and started a fresh increase.
- The price is now trading well above the $57,500 level and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
- There was a break above a key bearish trend line with resistance near $57,900 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair (data feed from Kraken).
- The pair is likely to accelerate higher above the $59,500 and $60,000 resistance levels.
Bitcoin Price is Gaining Pace
Bitcoin corrected lower from the $59,500 resistance zone. BTC declined below the $58,000 and $57,500 support levels. The price even spiked below the 100 hourly simple moving average, but it remained stable above the $56,000 level.
A low was formed near $56,306 before the price started a fresh increase. There was a break above the $57,000 resistance levels. The bulls cleared the 50% Fib retracement level of the recent decline from the $59,501 high to $56,306 low.
There was also a break above a key bearish trend line with resistance near $57,900 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair. The pair is now trading well above the $57,500 level and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
It is consolidating above the 76.4% Fib retracement level of the recent decline from the $59,501 high to $56,306 low. An immediate resistance is near the $59,500 level. A clear break above the $59,500 could open the doors for a break above the $60,000 resistance. In the stated case, the price could rally towards $62,000.
Fresh Drop in BTC?
If bitcoin fails to clear the $59,500 resistance or $60,000, it could start a downside correction. An initial support on the downside is near the $58,000 level and the broken trend line.
The first key support is near the $57,500 level and the 100 hourly SMA, below which the price might test $56,500. There is also a connecting bullish trend line forming with support near $56,500 on the same chart.
- Hourly MACD – The MACD is now gaining pace in the bullish zone.
- Hourly RSI (Relative Strength Index) – The RSI for BTC/USD is now well above the 50 level.
- Major Support Levels – $58,000, followed by $57,500.
- Major Resistance Levels – $59,500, $60,000 and $62,000.
Source: News BTC