Ethereum started a fresh increase from the $4500 zone against the US Dollar. ETH could extend upsides towards $4850 unless it fails to stay above the 100 hourly SMA.
- Ethereum started a fresh increase above the $4600 and $4700 levels.
- The price is now trading above $4650 and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
- There was a break above a major bearish trend line with resistance near $4630 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD (data feed via Kraken).
- The pair could extend gains above the $4800 resistance zone in the near term.
Ethereum Price Eyes More Upsides
Ethereum formed a decent support base above the $4,500 level. As a result, the ETH price started a fresh increase above the $4,600 resistance zone and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
There was a break above a major bearish trend line with resistance near $4,630 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD. The pair climbed above the $4,700 level, but it is now facing resistance near the $4,725 level.
Ether is now consolidating gains and trading near $4,700. It is also well above the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $4,520 swing low to $4,725 high. Immediate resistance on the upside is near the $4,725 level.
The next major resistance is near the $4,750 level. A break above the $4,750 level may possibly spark a fresh rally. The next key resistance is near the $4,850 level. Any more gains could lead the price towards the $5,000 level in the near term.
Dips Supported in ETH?
If ethereum fails to climb above the $4,725 and $4,750 resistance levels, it could extend its downside correction. Initial support on the downside is near the $4,675 level.
The first major support is near the $4,650 level and the 100 hourly SMA. The next major support is near the $4,620 level. It is near the 50% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $4,520 swing low to $4,725 high. Any more downsides could lead the price towards the $4,550 support. The next major support for the bulls is near the $4,500 level.
- Hourly MACD – The MACD for ETH/USD is slowly losing pace in the bullish zone.
- Hourly RSI – The RSI for ETH/USD is now well above the 50 level.
- Major Support Level – $4,550
- Major Resistance Level – $4,850
Source: News BTC