Ethereum failed to clear the $3,350 resistance and corrected lower against the US Dollar. ETH price is still above the 100 hourly SMA and it could rise again to $3,350.
- Ethereum seems to be facing a strong resistance near $3,350 and $3,380.
- The price is now trading above $3,200 and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
- There is a crucial bullish trend line forming with support near $3,180 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD (data feed via Kraken).
- The pair could start a fresh increase as long as it is above the $3,150 support zone.
Ethereum Price Rally Fades
Ethereum made another attempt to gain strength above $3,300 and $3,320. However, ETH price failed to continue higher above $3,350 and started a fresh decline, similar to bitcoin.
The price broke the $3,300 and $3,250 support levels. Ether traded below the 50% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $3,142 swing low to $3,348 high. The price even spiked below the $3,200 support and the 100 hourly simple moving average, but the bulls were active.
The price found support near the 61.8% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $3,142 swing low to $3,348 high. There is also a crucial bullish trend line forming with support near $3,180 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD.
It is now trading above $3,200 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. An immediate resistance is near the $3,250 level. The first key resistance is near the $3,285 level, above which the price could accelerate higher.
The main resistance is now forming near the $3,350 level. A clear break above the $3,350 resistance might open the doors for a steady increase. In the stated case, ether may possibly rise towards the $3,420 level.
Downside Break in ETH?
If ethereum fails to continue higher above the $3,250 and $3,285 resistance levels, it could extend its decline. An immediate support on the downside is near the $3,200 level.
The next major support is now forming near the $3,150 zone. A downside break below the $3,150 support zone could spark a sharp decline. In the stated scenario, ether price could revisit the $3,065 support region.
- Hourly MACD – The MACD for ETH/USD is now losing pace in the bearish zone.
- Hourly RSI – The RSI for ETH/USD is now just below the 50 level.
- Major Support Level – $3,150
- Major Resistance Level – $3,285
Source: News BTC