Ethereum extended its rally and it traded to a new all-time high near $2800 against the US Dollar. ETH price is correcting gains, but dips are likely to be supported near $2650.
- Ethereum remained well bid and it even climbed towards the $2,800 level.
- The price is now trading well above $2,700 and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
- There is a crucial rising channel forming with support near $2,700 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD (data feed via Kraken).
- The pair could correct lower, but the bulls are likely to appear near $2,650 and $2,620.
Ethereum Price Remains In Uptrend
Ethereum remained well bid above the $2,650 support level, unlike bitcoin. ETH extended its rise above the $2,750 high and it settled nicely above the 100 hourly simple moving average.
It traded to a new all-time high at $2,800 before it started a downside correction. There was a break below the $2,780 and $2,750 levels. Ether is now trading below the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $2,560 swing low to $2,800 high.
It is still trading well above $2,700 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. There is also a crucial rising channel forming with support near $2,700 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD.
The next key support is near the $2,680 level. It is near the 50% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $2,560 swing low to $2,800 high. Any more losses could lead the price towards the $2,650 support level and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
If ether fails to stay above the $2,650 support level and the 100 hourly simple moving average, it could dive towards the $2,580 level.
Fresh Increase in ETH?
If Ethereum remains stable above the channel support and $2650, it could start a fresh increase. An initial resistance on the upside is near the $2780 level.
The first major resistance is near the $2800 level. A clear upside break above the $2800 level and the channel upper trend line could set the pace for a sharp increase towards the $3000 resistance zone in the next few sessions.
- Hourly MACD – The MACD for ETH/USD is now losing momentum in the bullish zone.
- Hourly RSI – The RSI for ETH/USD is still above the 50 level.
- Major Support Level – $2,700
- Major Resistance Level – $2,800
Source: News BTC