Bitcoin is showing positive signs above the $57,000 level against the US Dollar. BTC could gain pace and it might even test the $60,000 resistance zone.
- Bitcoin started a fresh increase and it broke the $58,500 level.
- The price is now trading above $58,000 and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
- There was a break above a key declining channel with resistance near $58,000 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair (data feed from Kraken).
- The pair could continue higher towards the $60,000 level in the near term.
Bitcoin Price Remains In Uptrend
Bitcoin price corrected a few points below the $58,000 level. However, downsides were limited below $57,000 and BTC started a fresh increase.
The price traded as low as $56,888 and started a fresh increase. It surpassed the $57,500 and $58,000 resistance levels. There was a break above a key declining channel with resistance near $58,000 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair.
The pair is now trading above $58,000 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. It is now trading near the $59,000 zone. Besides, the price is testing the 1.236 Fib extension level of the downside correction from the $58,580 swing high to $56,888 low.
On the upside, an initial resistance is near the $59,500 level. The first key resistance is near the $59,650 level. It is near the 1.618 Fib extension level of the downside correction from the $58,580 swing high to $56,888 low.
A clear break above the $59,650 resistance could open the doors for more upsides. The next major resistance sits near the $60,000 level, above which the price might surge towards the $62,000 level in the near term.
Dips Limited In BTC?
If bitcoin fails to clear the $59,500 resistance zone, it could start a downside correction. An immediate support on the downside is near the $58,200 level.
The first major support is now forming near the $58,000 level (the recent breakout zone). A downside break below the $58,000 level could spark a larger decline. The next major support is now near the $56,800 level and the 100 hourly SMA.
- Hourly MACD – The MACD is now gaining pace in the bullish zone.
- Hourly RSI (Relative Strength Index) – The RSI for BTC/USD is now above the 60 level.
- Major Support Levels – $58,200, followed by $58,000.
- Major Resistance Levels – $59,650, $60,000 and $62,000.
Source: News BTC